Open Exchange Management Console EMC
1. In the console tree, click Recipient Configuration in the on-premises organization node. Then Select Mail Contact
2. In the action pane, click New Remote Mailbox.
3. On the Introduction page, select User Mailbox to create a mailbox that will be owned by a user to send and receive e-mail messages. Click Next to continue.
4. On the User Information page, specify the following settings:
• First Name Type the first name of the new user.
• Last Name Type the last name of the new user.
• User logon name Type the user logon name of the new user and select the primary
SMTP domain used for your other on-premises users. For example, @contoso.com.
• Password Type the password.
• Confirm password Retype the password.
5. Click Next to continue.
6. On the Archive Mailbox page, make sure the Add an archive mailbox check box is not selected. Click Next to continue.
7. On the New Remote Mailbox page, review your configuration settings. Click New to create the remote mailbox.
8. On the Completion page, review the following, and then click Finish to close the wizard:
• A status of Completed indicates that the wizard completed the task successfully.
• A status of Failed indicates that the task wasn’t completed. If the task fails, review the summary for an explanation, and then click Back to make any configuration changes.
9. Log on to: Cloud-based service administration portal
10. Assign a license to the new user.